Join Lormarev Jones as she introduces participating students to the conception of original work through ensemble devising. Students will be exposed to different devised theatrical pieces, gaining a foundational understanding of both devised performance, playwriting, and movement work.
Students and staff spent last fall in phase one and two, devising and writing material based on their individual and collective experiences of 2020.
Spring 2021 will continue with phases three and four. Students will be able to continue wringing and contributing to the show as well as audition and perform in late April.
- Expose students to examples of devised performance
- Develop playwriting skills
- Energize students by creating ensemble and a safe, healing, creative space
- Provide an opportunity for students to create an original performance for which they have ownership and agency
- Present a completed performance: live, virtual, or hybrid
Phase Three: Molding & Crafting the Script
March 1 – March 19, 2021
- Students will make creative decisions about the content and structure of the pieces with staff guidance.
- Students will continue to develop the script based on work from phases one and two.
*Registration opens February 1, 2021
Phase Four: production
Auditions: February 11 & 12 | 7pm
- Audition information will be posted January 19, 2020
- Registration required
Rehearsals: March, 28 – April, 14
- Detailed Rehearsal Calendar will be available January 19, 2021
Performance: April 16-17
- Show will be performed for a live and virtual audience
- Location TBD on campus**
*Registration opens January 19, 2021
**All dates and locations are subject to changed dependent on University, State and Local COVID-19 guidelines.
**All phases are subject to change. For more information please contact Lormarev Jones