Join Lormarev Jones as she introduces participating students to the conception of original work through ensemble devising. Students will be exposed to different devised theatrical pieces, gaining a foundational understanding of both devised performance, playwriting, and movement work.
This exploration will result in a public presentation, either live, virtual, or both, depending on current conditions in the spring of 2021.
Students may join any date within phases one and two. No experience or commitment is required though continual attendance is encouraged.
Virtual Interest Meeting
August 19, 2020 | 6pm
Learn details about the project and ask questions.Register for Interest Meeting
Register for all Phases
- Expose students to examples of devised performance
- Develop playwriting skills
- Energize students by creating ensemble and a safe, healing, creative space
- Provide an opportunity for students to create an original performance for which they have ownership and agency
- Present a completed performance: live, virtual, or hybrid
September 1 – 29, 2020
Introduction to Devised Work
- Viewings of recorded works with accompanying discussions.
- Tuesday, September 1 | 7pm
- Tuesday, September 8 | 7pm
October 12 – November 3, 2020
Generation of Material
- Students individually and in groups generate material around current events. Examples may include:
- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Police Brutality
- Prison abolition
- Students will have full agency on choosing writing prompts.
- Monday, October 5 | 7pm
- Tuesday, October 6 | 7pm
- Monday, October 12 | 7pm
- Tuesday, October 13 | 7pm
- Monday, October 19 | 7pm
- Tuesday, October 20 | 7pm
- Monday, October 26 | 7pm
- Tuesday, October 27 | 7pm
- Monday, November 2 | 7pm
- Tuesday, November 3 | 7pm
Molding & CRAFTING the Script / Movement & Ensemble Work
- Students will make creative decisions about the content, sale, and structure of the pieces with staff guidance.
- Physical exploration of written material*
REhearesal and Presentation
- Script editing process
- Rehearsal process following traditional and/or COVID directed rehearsal schedules
- Students will block, edit and make final scissions about the situation and execution for the presentation.
* Dependent on university, State and local COVID-19 status.
All phases are subject to change. For more information please contact Lormarev Jones