The Institute meetings will be conducted via zoom every Friday from 4-5:30. To attend, register below. The same zoom link will be utilized each week, no need to re-register, simply bookmark the link.
Registration DOES NOT obligate you to come to every meeting. Naturally we would love to have you join us as much as you can but we understand that school, work, and general current climates mean that may not always be possible.Zoom Meeting Registration
“The Institute is a shorthand name for NC State’s mysterious and hidden science department:
The Institute for Temporal Observation and Alteration.
It has been a closely guarded secret on campus that has been experimenting with time travel; where they Think and Do… the Impossible. Now they need YOUR help in their experiments! But can they be trusted… “
A new project that aims to introduce students, and eventually audiences, to site specific, interactive, and immersive storytelling experiences. A series of site-specific spaces and mini events created to immerse participants into a treasure hunt-like adventure that brings them deep into a single narrative story.
Objectives for Student Collaborators:
- Explore other forms of storytelling beyond traditional theatre during this unusual time. One that allows for the limitations of Covid in various ways.
- Expose students to examples of site specific work.
- Explore the genre of Time-Travel in its various forms.
- Provide students with an opportunity to connect with one another over topics such as theatre, games/gaming, and storytelling.
- Engage students on various levels of commitment and various kinds of interest in storytelling, gaming, and art.
- Develop skills in collaboration, writing, and designing.
- Provide an opportunity for students to create an original experience for which they have a sense of ownership and agency.
- Eventually, present a completed series of experiences to an unsuspecting audience.
- Engage an audience with a unique and fun experience that gives them the feelings of accomplishment, excitement, and wonder.
Join the interest meeting Wednesday, September 9, 2020 | 7pm | registration required.Interest Meeting Registration