We are seeking a skilled scenic artist for University Theatre’s upcoming productions of: Harvey, Deathtrap, The 39 Steps, and Nunsense. Artist would set their own schedule in collaboration with Technical Director, Production Manager and production needs to successfully complete the work – time tables vary per production. Shows primarily consist of realistic interiors requiring floor treatment and age/distressing of scenic walls. The shop will base all items. There will be no drops for these productions.
University Theatre has a fully stocked paint shop with access to the performance spaces and shops 24-hours a day.
Work would be contract-based. Ideal artist will paint all productions but single-production contracts would be considered. Click title below for more information.
- Start immediately
- Tech April 7-11
- Open April 12
- Black and White Tile floor – two realistic locations on revolve.
Deathtrap & Nunsense
- Start approximately week of April 30
- Tech May 27
- Open May 31
- Remount of previous set from different show. Will require a floor and touch up of stone wall and wall units.
- Both Deathtrap and Nunsense play on same stage. May require aging for Nunsense the week of June 11th for changeover.
The 39 Steps
- Start approximately week of April 23
- Tech June 3
- Open June 7
- Currently in design phase, likely a realistic wood floor, false proscenium
If interested please email Joshua Reaves, Associate Director, at email@example.com for more information.